This was made last minute for hb’s aunt’s birthday celebration quite some time ago.
How very true.
I tell ya, it was really good. The adults and kids love it tons!
Of course, i didn’t send these cuppies the way they look here. I got them all dressed up in pink buttercream frosting together with some colorful sprinkles and wordings. At that time, i had enough of ‘all-dressed-up’ cupcakes photos since i just baked the teacher’s day batch not too long ago. So i decided not to take anymore pics with the decoration.
But now, after a month of not seeing any colourful pics of desserts on this blog, i kinda miss looking at them. In fact, i yearn to see some colours again! Too bad about my decision then.. hehe.
Anyway, this cuppies are so delicious and very easy to make too! They’ll be on my often-bakes list for sure. Writing this entry makes me wanna eat them right now.. *drool* :P
The original recipe calls for quite a bit of cocoa powder which i simply refused to follow. It was a bit too much in my opinion. I cut down almost 2 tbsp from it and the cuppies still turned out fantastic.
That left me wondering.. what ‘if’ i actually follow the recipe to a t. Will the cupcakes taste much much better?
Cream cheese filling
115g cream cheese
55g castor sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 large, lightly beaten egg
Fudgy chocolate cupcake batter
100g cake flour
5 1/4 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
100g butter, softened
20g castor sugar
70g light brown sugar
2/3 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Prepare cream cheese filling. In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence until smooth and creamy. Gradually add egg, beating until smooth. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 182. Line cupcake tin with cupcake cups.
3. Stir together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well blended.
4. Cream butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add in vanilla essence and eggs.
5. Add flour mixture and milk in 3 separate additions, starting and ending with flour mixture.
6. Divide batter. Create a cavity in the centre of each cupcake with the back of a spoon. Fill cavities with cream cheese filling.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins. Leave to cook in tin for 10 mins.
8. Remove cupcakes and leave to cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Makes 12 cuppies.