For the ridiculously hot weather of late.
(but pouring like cats and dogs now!)
It’s low fat and healthy!
Besides having them in the dessert cups, i did some in the jelly molds too because for my past mango pudding attempts, i’ve never once succeeded in un-molding them perfectly. Too sticky and soft – more gelatin?
Nevertheless, for this pudding.. i was pretty convinced that it will be perfect because of its source (recipe here!). Alas, same result as my many previous attempts :((
Maybe i should really try with more gelatin?
But too much gelatin will result a jelly like pudding. HOW?
Texture aside, the mango pudding is really quite fab! You will never guess it’s low fat and full of goodness ;)
Will i ever make this again?
As soon as i get hold of my next batch of mangoes from the generous Indian workers :)
*aaahhh ahhhhhh chooo!*
Still sick. Ugh.
Mango Yogurt Pudding
400ml Low fat natural/mango flavoured yoghurt
500ml Hi-cal low fat milk
500g mango puree
90g castor sugar
200g cubed fresh mangoes (adjust amount according to your own preference)
30g gelatin powder
1. Heat milk with sugar till sugar just dissolved. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
2. Stir mango puree and yoghurt into cooled milk. Strain for a smoother texture.
3. Dissolve gelatin in 100ml hot water.
4. Stir cooled gelatin solution into mango yoghurt mixture. Blend well.
5. Pour 1/2 mango yoghurt mixture into jelly mould, chill for 20 minutes, top with cubed mangoes and pour in the remaining mango yoghurt mixture.
6. Chill for 3 hours before serving.