I remember when i was little, having clams at home was a treat!
Mommy didn’t cook it that often and when she does, we’d polish them off within seconds! Of course, my mommy’s cooking is really something that we can shout about. She is very good at it!
When i was in the wet market few days ago buying red snapper’s fillet, the aunty recommended me the clams. According to her, i’d not regret it. Importantly, i don’ have any idea how to cook them mind you! –
You kn ones on that particular day. So, a kg it was! — not that i have any idea how to cook them mind you! –
You know why??
Because i’ve got my mommy to turn to! :P
All i need to do is punch the 10+ numbers and confirm i’ll get a very good and reliable recipe one. :PP
1. Soak and wash your clams throughly, to get rid of the sand.
2. Boil them in boiling water (as above). Once the clams open up (as below), scoop it up at once. — i monitor each and everyone of them. whenever one opens up, i’ll dive for it.. for i like mine plump, fat and juicy.. i’m pretty you won’t want yours to be overcooked ;) –
3. Heat wok. Add oil. Saute the dried prawns till fragrant. Add in garlic and ginger till light brown.
4. Add curry leaves and stir fry till enough – your nose will tell ya!
5. Add clams and dark soya sauce. Just before it’s done, add oyster sauce.
For those with small children, you may wanna scoop some up for them at this stage before you add in chili padi.
6. Serve HOT.
p.s : if it’s too dry, do add 2-3 tbsp of the used boiling water above. otherwise, oil is good.. more tzi char style, oily!
Ingredients (agaration) :
1 kg clams
3 – 5 tbsp olive oil
a handful of dried prawns, soaked and minced
1 1/2 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger
a handful of washed curry leaves
2-3 tbsp dark soya sauce
2-3 tbsp oyster sauce (to taste)
3 chili padi, chopped
And this is what you’ll get………..
Shell licking good Kam Heong La La!
p.s : it was dinner… again, pardon the pictures!
p.p.s : oh, totally forgot about the soup!
: Lotus root soup with peanuts, goji berries and red dates using pork ribs chicken breast bone for soup base.
Total cooking hours : 3