I have been wanting to try my hands on chocolate truffle for the longest, longest time but never get around to do it until last Friday.
The first thing that came to mind was, “Dang! No wonder cafes and nice shops have them in either square or rectangle” because really, shaping these babies with hands (i had plastics on both hands) were quite a nightmare in this heat of ours (again!).
Seriously, next time, i’ll just pour the chocolate into a square pan, freeze and slice accordingly whenever it’s ready!
No more shaping the truffles with hands. I reckon i lost about 1-2 truffles to the plastics! >.<
Chocolate Truffles by Bill Granger
makes 18 (i only got 13)
200g dark chocolate
2 tbsp rum (optional)
cocoa powder, sifted for coating
1. Line tray with plastic or baking paper
2. Heat cream to boil then pour into chocolate. Mix. Add rum.
3. Set aside to cool then refrigerate for 30 mins (i needed at least 4 hours for mine).
4. When mixture is set, dust hands with icing sugar to prevent sticking then roll the mixture into small balls. (i couldn’t do this because if i did, instead of 13 truffles, i’d probably end up with only 6!!)
5. Immediatel roll the truffles in cocoa powder and place them on tray. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes.