The boys wanted cheese bread for breakfast. I needed to clear my turkey breast and charcoal powder and voila!
Charcoal Cheese Bread! ;)
Charcoal powder does nothing to the bread, flavour and texture wise. The only difference it makes is well, the colour of your product.
Benefits of charcoal powder :~
“While some people use it to cleanse their skin or whiten their teeth, the true value of activated charcoal is in its ability to remove toxins from your body. For instance, if you’ve ingested a poisonous substance, or if you’ve been bitten by a deadly snake or spider, activated charcoal”.
And that’s just a fraction of information for you. The benefits are pages long! To know more, Google is your best friend.. ;)
Charcoal Cheese Bread
250g bread flour
50g wholemeal flour
1 tbsp charcoal powder
1 tsp instant yeast
210ml cold water
20g olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
cheddar cheese, cubed
mozzarella cheese, a handful
- Place all ingredients in the pan of the bread machine (according to the sequence as stated in the instruction manual of your bread machine). Select the Dough function of the bread machine and press start. Let the machine continue to knead the dough.
- Stop the machine and remove dough from the bread pan. Shape the dough into a smooth round and place in a lightly greased mixing bowl , cover bowl with cling wrap and let it rise till double in volume for about 60 ~ 90 mins.
- Remove dough and give a few light kneading on a lightly floured work surface. Press out the trapped air as your knead. Divide into 9 equal portions and shape them into rounds, about 50-60g each. Cover with cling wrap, let the doughs rest for 10mins.
- Flatten each dough into a oblong shape and top it with cheddar cubes and turkey breast.
- Place doughs seams side down on a baking tray (lightly greased with oil or butter or line it with parchment paper). Loosely cover with a damp cloth or cling wrap and let doughs proof for 45 ~ 60 mins or until double in size.
- When ready to bake, arrange the mozzarella cheese on the bread and bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 15 ~ 20 mins until the bread is golden brown all over.
Enjoy and i know you will!! *wink*
Hmm.. let’s just say, i NEED to double this recipe when i bake it next time. :)
The bread stays soft and fluffy till the next day.. not sure it was the charcoal powder, but it really did stay soft despite the fact that no milk was added into it. Tell you hor, if u were to say you’ve bought them from the bakery, i don’t think anyone will doubt it. It’s that good!