Sometime last month when i was a vegetarian, i decided to do a thorough cleansing on the body.
I mean, i was already a vegetarian, so i might as well take the opportunity to do it. There wasn’t a better time to be honest.. because my usual diet consists of plenty of seafood, so to get me on a full juice diet is rather tough, not that i’ve not done it before though. ;)
Few of some very important things to take note :
1. it’s not a diet diet kinda diet if you get what i mean. Sure, you will lose some pounds but it’s not gonna be permanent. You will pile the weight back as fast as quickly as you lost them. So if you’re looking for a permanent weight lost program, this is not for you. I did it purely for cleansing and nothing else.
2. the first day is always the toughest and i really mean it, but hang in there and don’t give up!
3. prepare your vegetables and fruits in advance so that you will not steer away from your course.
4. if you’re thinking to have a program to kick start your permanent weight lost program, yeah.. this detox will do just fine because it does shrink your stomach space! ;)
Guideline to my juice meals.
|Morning Glory||Mean Green||Sunset Passion|
|Jolt Juice||Bruschetta Tang||Green Machine|
Feel free to substitute any of the ingredients with something you can find easily.. eg ; kale with romaine lettuce. I also skipped some of the ingredients such as garlic. Lol! It’s just… so weird i think.. to have garlic in my juice… so i didn’t bother to add that in. For more information, check out this very useful website.
Apart from juice, just juice, zero fiber, we’re allowed to have tea as well. Tea without caffeine, because you wouldn’t want to have caffeine in your system at this point of time, trust me. A week after my detox, i had matcha latte at about 3pm and that night, i couldn’t sleep till 2am!
In the end, i stopped my detox after day 4 because i felt my body couldn’t take it anymore. I’m very in tuned to my body, not sure if it was due to my yoga practice, but i always know what my body needs. Some days, when i need to eat some meat, i will. Some days, i felt i needed vegetables and vegetables it was. On day 4′s evening, i realized my fingers and feet were icy cold even in the afternoon! At night, i had to wear socks to sleep and we didn’t even have the air-cond on. In short, i was cold and i knew i had to stop. Guess the ginger in the juice didn’t work that effectively for this fussy of mine eh?
With a heavy heart, i listened to the body and stopped my juice diet after day 4. However, i didn’t consume food immediately after that. On day 5, i re-introduced solids to my diet slowly. I had smoothie instead of juice. I didn’t have real food. For the rest of the day, i had just fruits and by night time, i had some steamed vegetables.
photos taken on day 4
Photos on day 1 can be found here. Check out the difference! But of course, after a couple of days, i looked exactly like Day 1 again. Hahahaaa! Honestly, i wasn’t surprised. It was expected!
What i felt after my cleansing :
1. very clean. Haha! yes, like seriously clean.. especially the intestines.. ;P
2. the stomach was more sensitive. almost like an infant’s stomach if you will. i couldn’t stomach anything oily for awhile, no coffee, no big portions, no overeating, nothing too spicy etc. it sounded almost bad doesn’t it, but it’s not. i quite like having a clean system and a sensitive stomach truthfully. it creates certain kinda awareness, where i would not have known had i not done this cleansing.
So, will i do it again?
Yes i will!
However, it will be just a short 3 days for me. No more 5 days!
Happy cleansing, to those of you who are keen to try! :)